Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The one, the only, the SEXY....David Hyrum Hepworth

I have never been tagged before...so hopefully I am doing this correctly! Thanks, Amanda:)

I always love to talk about my baby...I will have to update later with a photo. GQ currently is reviewing David's portfolio:)



What is his name? David Hyrum Hepworth

How long have you been married? This year will be 7 amazing years spent with the love of my life!

How long did you date? Let's see here. David and I met Fall of 2000 and were married Thanksgiving break.....2001, of course! Way to avoid details, Nik! Our kids don't need to know we broke up for about six months during that year, right?

How old is he? 29...I like them young:)

Who eats more? How rude....you are asking someone that is 8 months pregnant to answer this question? Either way....David can out eat me...unless we are eating Algodones tacos!

Who said "I love you" first? Oh my heavens...we both said it simultaneously:) I really don't like these types of questions. We had a rather interesting friendship at first! I believe it was David as we were hanging out in the tube thing at Smucker's Park...I mean, making out:) He gave me a picture the next day that he drew of us in the tube:) AWWWW! I LOVE HIM!!!! He verbally said it first....however, I would have to say that he knew well before that I was head over heels in love with him!

Who is taller? Ummmmm....duh, David! He is 6'4" and I am a mere 5'4". I am sure I probably got the "/' mixed up while labeling our measurements....don't laugh! I just got done teaching Kindergarten:)

Who sings better? Absolutely, David! He has the most amazing voice! Lucas always asks David to turn on the "badio" and sing. He loves to sing with his Dad. They especially love Jimmy Buffet. I love to hear him sing to our children each night before they go to bed! I remember one time when David wasn't home yet and I was putting them done...Lucas asked me to sing "Daddy's song"...he never asked me again after that night...what a polite little boy. Sometimes, I will ask him if he wants me to sing a song when I put him down...he always replies with, "how about a story?"


Who is smarter? David....he married me:)
On a more serious note...especially since this is more for our children to read someday....I must brag about the Big D! David graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University with a bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Science...Summa Cum Laude...that's right a 3.9+ (with two little children and a needy wife)! Now, I, on the other hand graduated with a measely 3.7+ from Northern Arizona University....please keep in mind, my degree was merely elementary education:)

Whose temper is worse? OH dear....I can't lie because the people that are reading this know me.....ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I by far have the worst temper! H0wever, I am learning to control it!

Who does the laundry? Are you seriously asking this question? That would be...ME!!!! Not that David is not willing to help....I prefer to do it! He will put five things in the washer and start it! ARGHHHH!!!!!! He does help fold and put away! That was a real eye-opener when we got married....folding of the clothes! "This is how my sister Tammy has always folded our socks." Oh really.....well, this is how I will be folding your socks....if you don't like it.....do it yourself! Did I mention my temper:)

Who does the dishes? I cook....he does dishes! This was "our" deal before we got married! I HATE DISHES! We agreed on this before the David/Nikki Hepworth establishment came to be! It is a good trade! We are a perfect match....I LOVE TO COOK....and he finds dishes to be relaxing:) I am telling you....I am such a lucky girl!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Currently....me! It is closest to the bathroom, and with my current condition...I get up 100 times a night to go!

Who pays the bills? The mister....although, we are both well aware of our finances. David is very OCD when it comes to bills....he has them all done on EXCEL, filed nicely in our cabinet....he even has the stamp that says PAID and the date:) I love my baby!

Who mows the lawn?
This is actually quite hilarious! ME!!!!! I love to mow the yard and make designs in it! SERIOUSLY!!!!! I got a lawn mower for my birthday 4 years ago! This is a touchy subject with David...he gets embarrassed...he is afraid of what our neighbors think! I remember when we lived in WA...I was out mowing the yard the morning before I delivered Lucas! ***secret****---my dream job would be to have a lawn mowing company!

Who cooks dinner? Nikki D...apron and all....sometimes all....sometimes, just apron....oops...enough said!

Who drives when you are together? David....he refuses to let me:) SERIOUSLY, there has only been two times in the past 7 years...both of which were this Christmas season. The first was right after he got his new Citizen® Eco-Drive™ Men's Skyhawk Atomic Watch...every pilot's dream! He wanted to read the owner's manual and set all of the things. The other time was about a week later when he was playing Super Mario Brothers on my Nintendo DS. I wanted to go NOW...and he wasn't done playing:)

Who is more stubborn? Oh my, have I mentioned yet that we are both the baby of our families. I don't think I need to say more!

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I would have to say we both are pretty good at this...SURPRISINGLY~ It makes for a much happier home:)

Whose parents do you see the most? I would definitely have to say mine! Poor David....the longer we are married the more I realize how dysfunctional my sweet family is! He is a real trooper! He is the lone in-law!

Who proposed? Oh dear, my hopelessly romantic husband...in a lettuce field in Yuma, AZ with a foil gum wrapper ring...in between college classes...etc.! OH boy, do we have a story to share with our children:)

Who has more friends? I would say our friends are pretty much mutual friends; however, David has alot of very dear friends from when he was in the Marine Corps. I admire the friendships he has with these guys! I wish it was easier to stay in contact with old friends:)

Who has more siblings? David is the youngest of 8 children....I am the baby of 3!

Who wears the pants? UMMMMM....we both do....have you ever seen us in the nude? I didn't think so....this is the key to a happy marriage! Wait....both wearing the pants....or both in the buff? You decide!


AWWWW.....this was actually quite fun....I truly am so blessed to have David in my life! I miss him now....how pathetic...hopefully, he comes home for lunch:)

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is fun to read about you guys and see how you are doing. Love the pictures!

Leslie said...

Holy cow, I think I'm learning WAY too much about my uncle and aunt from this blog!!!! :) Actually, I love it. David has always been my favorite uncle (wait, no one else in the fam is reading this, right? Jimmy, if you're out there, YOU'RE my favorite. Randy, we all know it's really you). Anyway! I really do love to see how you guys make things work. And it is so obvious that you're crazy in love. And that's fabulous. Post more often! I love to read them and see the pictures.

Angela said...

Hi Nikki, I saw you comment on the Thompson's blog and thought I'd say howdy. I love that picture of your whole family! You guys sound great together. Check out our page sometime!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Holy Crap, I can't believe you found me, I've worked so hard on my anonymity, just kidding. Last I heard from you, you were living in Washington or Oregon or somewheres like that. Now your in Prescott?! That is so close, we live in Chandler. We tried to make a go at it in good ole' Yuma, but that town is too small and you can't blow your nose without someone from the relief society pres calling to say god bless you, especially when your dad is the bishop.
We moved to Chandler in September of last year. I work at Edward Jones, an investment firm, in their operations division, I love it. Stacy stays home with Grace and does a little tutoring on the side. You hit it on the head when you said they are beautiful. I'm so lucky to have Stacy and Grace, they are my favorite part of waking up every day.
Anyway, so tell me what you have been up to. How often do you guys make it down to the valley? What are you doing in Prescott? When can our families get together? feel free to email me at chad.thompson2@gmail.com

Eric and Carrie said...

You totally just made my day. I loved reading your blog, Nikki, you are so funny. I especially loved the part about Lucas and his Daddy's singing. How fun, it's crazy for me to think of him as being such a big kid, because he was just a tiny baby last time I saw him.

bematheson said...

Your family is so cute! You look like your doing well. Thanks for the congrats, we are super excited about the new kiddo too. Im with you on the myspace thing ive about had it with that.

bematheson said...

Your family is so cute! You look like your doing well. Thanks for the congrats, we are super excited about the new kiddo too. Im with you on the myspace thing ive about had it with that.