Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bitter-sweet for our Princess Lex…

Over the next four weeks, Alexis is going to have a couple of life changing, shattering, and exciting moments in her 20 months of life. For those of you that don’t know, Alexis has been the lone daughter, granddaughter, and niece on my side of the family. Let’s just say, she pretty much walks on water…especially with her Nana, Papa, Aunt Shel, and Uncle J.C. Her Uncle J.C. constantly assures her that she is number #1 and has supplied her with a ridiculous wardrobe (shoes and all) most women dream of!

It is one thing to be put on this threshold; however, it is another to know it! Alexis knows it! It didn’t take but a couple of seconds after her arrival into this world for me to realize that there was not a future promotion to queen for me; however, a dethronement.

Now, for the bitter-sweet moments about to take place in Alexis’ life….
#1…As many of you know, Princess #2 is due to arrive sometime in the next month. While we talk about this with Lex often and show her my continually growing belly, she always gives a snobbish “na-uh”…and we can’t forget the rolling of the eyes that follows, the nose in the air and the turning of the head. As you reassure her with an “uh-ha,” she protests with a louder “na-uh.” Lucas usually gets in on it too to tell her…it’s true! He is so excited! This frequent discussion at our house usually ends with Alexis throwing herself against the wall or on the floor with a dramatic tearful tantrum. It is actually quite humorous…for now at least! We will see if I can still find humor in it, when I have three children (age 3 and under). I am preparing myself for a much different transition with this third angel…merely because MY family has created a true monster in my dear Lex…oh yeah, her daddy hasn’t help much either! Okay, so I am just as guilty! She is 20 months going on 20 years...I am afraid to admit it, but I think she is a lot like me! HELP!!!!

#2…The next earth-shattering moment about to take place in Alexis’ life…stay tuned! Come back and visit our blog sometime this weekend…and you will see! For those of you that know the Sandberg family, this is one you won’t want to miss! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Here are some glam shots of Alexis from the past 20 months...ENJOY! *Beware, I went a little overboard! I couldn't help it!
Please note:
*Lack of barrettes or hairdos….first, Alexis has no hair! If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it grow, please let me know! Second, in many of her pictures you will notice her twirling her hair and sucking her bottom lip…she just pulls them right out! I will have to explain this in another blog…

A present from Uncle J.C. from babytoupee.com. They both have a special bond....they're both bald!

Alexis is stubborn like her parents. She wouldn't walk until she was like 15 months old...even though she knew how to...

Alexis with one of her favorites...Nana! *Please note: my family is from Yuma, AZ; thus, the reason Papa is wrapped in a Bob the Builder blanket...Aunt Shel is wearing Lucas' beanie, and they seem to think Alexis needs a hat, too! Crazy, Yumans!!!!

You usually hear like mother, like daughter...in this case, like aunt, like niece:)She gets this from my sister!

Believe it or not, these are her Nana's sunglasses!

Oh, what a sweet little girl!

Lexi chillin' with a couple of loves in her life...Uncle J.C. and her 100 year old Great G-pa!

Alexis protesting her big brother's potty training boot camp (it hadn't been used yet)!

One of her many jackets from Uncle J.C. Her shirt pretty much says it all!

The true Lex...she loves to dress herself!

Lexi being her mischievous self...she was dancing on top of the train table until she heard me coming...than she hurries and sits down like an angel!

Our one moment of peace and quiet each day! Like I said, she takes after me!She is so full of energy!

5 comments:

bematheson said...

I got the shirt at an online website called cafepress.com its awesome. ya i used the shirt to tell my parents it was fun.

Sabra said...

Beautiful girl! She will love mothering a baby, and she will someday love having a sister! I'm so glad you have a blog. Tell JC and Michelle hello for me!

Eric and Carrie said...

Alexis is an absolute doll. I love that she has a princess attitude. It's probably sometimes hard to deal with, but is usually really awesome. Can't wait to hear about baby no. 3.

Aston said...

Ohh my goodnes ... I loved this post. She is adorable. I truly hope we are able to get together in the near future. She sounds like my kinda girl!! So excited for your number 3.

Adam & Rachel said...

alexis is so cute. i luv the pink hair!!!