Thursday, July 17, 2008

Diamonds, anyone? Uncle J...PLEASE!!!!


David and I have been very blessed throughout our marriage to see eye to eye; however, one thing that we haven't agreed upon is ear piercing. Believe it or not, this was a little surprising to me. I say..heck yeah! He says...heck no! David is a firm believer that our children, hopefully just the girls, should be able to consent to have this "permament scarring" done. There was so many times when Alexis was little that I would beg and plead. I even tried to play the traditional hispanic ancestry card...it didn't work! In all honesty, it was soooo tempting everytime the kids and I would go out of town during his final's week...mind you, he was never there.
Well, almost two weeks ago, Alexis started really noticing my earrings...and no, I didn't bring them to her attention, or coach her on the issue. She would say things like, "Mommy's earrings beety (pretty)...Alexis no earrings." After many of these conversations, I realized the "torturing" procedure was right aroung the corner. "Alexis, too...mommy earrings." Yes....
David and I asked Alexis if she wanted to get her ears pierced and she said, "Yes". So, the scarring is done. Alexis did very well. I was afraid that after they did one ear, she wouldn't let them do the other. Needleess to say, with few tears, both ears are pierced. As we walked throughout the rest of the mall, she would make sure that everyone noticed them. She would say, "ooo..beety...ear...hurt...ouch."
So to make an already long story, shorter...Uncle J told Alexis that if and when she got her ears pierced, he would buy her a pair of diamond earrings! So, this post is for you, Uncle J. Here's the proof!

Just for the record, David looked like he was in more pain than she was!

13 comments:

rabidrunner said...

Girls are sooooooo different! You're probably three weeks away from Alexis asking if she can "redo her room".

Click Clan said...

girls just NEED their ears pierced. its like guys needing to touch themselves...lol jk. anyways, she look so 'betty'. love it. plus, if you are going to get a pair of diamond earing, what a GREAT deal!!!

Sabra said...

J.C.! You better keep your word!

Linsey F said...

Tell Uncle J my ears are pierced too!

London said...

J.C. was probably hoping that your husband would not let her ears be pierced. Too funny.

Heather Neese said...

Oh how cute is she!! Emily screamed when she got hers done, now she doesn't even like wearing them that much... oh well... she is a girl!

Aston said...

They look so cute! I love her hair in the last picture. What a little doll. Watch out Dave you are already in trouble.

Adam & Rachel said...

THE EARINGS LOOK SUPER CUTE! She does too! SO Pretty!!!

megan said...

I'm not sure what I'm impressed with more...the earrings or the hairdo!!

Ben and Amberly said...

Diamonds are a girls best friend (chessy but ture). Alexis is so cute with her earrings. So when are you going to get Lindsey's ears done?

bematheson said...

Wow she is doing pretty good to get diamond earrings already..good for her:) That is so cute, i cant wait to have my girl.

Click Clan said...

you better update this blog of yours or.....??

Stephanie said...

They look cute! I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was 10.