Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Free Pizza...The Catch.....


Okay....so, you can call me tacky! But, I am EXTREMELY competitive! I am neck and neck with another first grade teacher at Liberty in our school Box Top Competition! I am calling out for HELP right now! A lot of you do not have children in school yet...so, I don't feel guilty asking you to collect these for me. For those of you that don't know about box tops, they come on a lot of food items you buy, i.e. cereal, fruit snacks, baked goods, etc. By collecting them, you are putting money back into my classroom:) I will do quarterly contests with all of you...the family that contributes the most will get pizza on me:) So I will have a winner in December, March, and May! PLEASE HELP! I realize many of you do not live here in Prescott...that's okay! I will reimburse your shipping if you would like. Please email me and I will send you our home address! Porter's, Winterton's, Aston's (if you don't give them to Dan's school), Holmes, Bjorn's, Walker's, Serr's, Click's, Thompson's, Brigette, Melo's, De Souza'a, Sandberg's....anyone, I so want to win this competition...the teacher I am tied with has won for the past four years! I WANT TO WIN.....more importantly, I want to put money back into my classroom.
P.S. You can even ask your siblings, parents, cousins, neighbors...HECK, total strangers:)
Double P.S. There are currently double points, so every box top ($0.10) is doubled ($0.20) until October 22nd....but, you have to get them to me ASAP because I have to send them off by the 20th!

11 comments:

Channon said...

I bet you wished Maelee was in your class. We just turned in over 100 box tops this month. We had been saving them over the summer. Maelee's school has a monthly challenge. Scott and I had a strategy for it....we did not want to turn them in for September because we figured that everyone would be turning them in from over the summer. So we saved them for October and we are hoping that we helped her class win for the month. And no, we don't eat that much boxed food, Scott saves them from his work. We are very competitive too when it comes to box tops. Good luck, if we did not have Maelee we would send you some.

Steph Kjelstrom said...

send me your address, stephkjelstrom dot gmail dot com

The Serr Team said...

Alright, your plea is so persuasive! I have never done this box top thing before, but was looking at some cereal boxes and they are on there, so I'll gladly cut them off for you. I don't know how many I'll have, but it's more than nothing at least. I need your address though. E-mail me, deardrys@yahoo.com
Good Luck!

Adam & Rachel said...

Hey I have two that I have found. I would be more than happy to give them to you. I thought I would have more on things, but sadly I don't. I am planning on going grocery shopping tomorrow, so maybe it will be on some stuff I buy. Anyways...e-mail me your address and I'll send you what I can get.
walk rachel at gee mail dot com

Aston said...

Would love to help ... email me your address at deaston76@msn.com. I already found 6 just looking in our recycling. yeah! We understand competitive nature in this family. :)

sandberg75 said...

i just sent you in the mail today, over 100 of them. turn them in though, because some of them expire 12/31/2008

Heather Neese said...

Haha Nick! Ethan's class is doing this too! Every time we get a box or bag that qualifies, he goes nuts!

Candice said...

I just thought I'd pop over from facebook and check out your blog. Congratulations on your new baby!

Anonymous said...

I just read this...so I guess I'm too late...sorry! How'd you fare?

Outnumbered Three To One said...

Crap. I just read this. I never collect these.. but sure think about it because I hate throwing away free mula especially for schools. Okay, I'll start collecting for ya- because we sure buy a lot of cereal and fruit snacks around here. I'll send them to you for the next round of competitions. Remind me when its close to deadline time..... and no pizza required! :)

Crystal-lynn said...

Haha! MY first grade class TOTALLY won our school's box top competition! ... I felt like I was the only one being competetive though! :P
(First grade also won the food drive competetion... I think a competitive teacher has something to do with WINNING!)
GOOD LUCK!