Sunday, March 2, 2008

Did "H-E-double hockey sticks" freeze over?

After reading my previous post...I just wanted to make it clear...we are very excited about baby #3...we are just happily anticipating a rough adjustment for our dear Lex! Alexis has been such a joy and blessing in the Hepworth family. We know she will be such an amazing big sister!

Now, for the moment you have all been waiting for.......Alexis' most recent earth-shattering change...let me give you some picture clues before I explain.





Yes, if you haven't already figured it out...my 35 year old brother is engaged to be married...and we couldn't be happier for him! If you recall from my previous post, J.C. and Alexis have a very special bond! While she is thrilled for him, she also knows that Lauren is (and should be) his top priority! Alexis absolutely adores Lauren!
J.C. and Alexis aren't the only ones who have a special bond around our family....so do Lauren and Lucas! Lucas loves his girlfriend Lauren Jones! We did not tell Lucas about the big engagement plans until the day of! Lucas talks to Lauren often on the phone. We didn't want him to spill the beans! As I was explaining to Luke that Uncle J.C. was going to give Lauren a ring today and ask her to marry him, like mommy and daddy...he quickly replied with, "No, I need to marry Lauren Jones first, she is my girlfriend." David proceeded to give LJ the you're too young talk:)
Now for the details....
Lauren has always wanted to hike up (yes, a ton of stairs) to the top of the U.S. Capitol building...it is something that neither of them had ever done! J.C. has a very good friend who is the Lead Deputy at the Capitol. Man, it pays to have connections. He was able to arrange a private tour for them. It is at the top that J.C. proposed to Lauren on February 29th! I think he did it on this day so that he only has to celebrate the occasion every 4 years!
My family...extended, blended and all...never thought this day would come; hence, the title of this blog (hope I didn't offend). We are all very excited for J.C. and Lauren. Lauren is a beautiful, well-educated, and talented lady...and to top it all off, she doesn't put up with J.C.'s junk:)
The very first time we met Lauren, J.C. wasn't there...I know this might sound strange! We met Lauren almost a year ago. Our family was all meeting up in San Diego for our step-brother, John's wedding. Lauren and J.C. didn't book their flights at the same time and were unable to get on the same flight. It just so happened that Lauren was due in about 3 hours before J.C. This was probably the biggest mistake J.C. made....telling us. He was going to let her just sit at the airport until his plane came in. Yeah right, how rude! We finally got her flight information out of him....and were able to spend some bonding time with Lauren before he got there. J.C. was sooooo nervous for this:) Lauren jumped right in just like she was a member of our family! Rather than holding up a sign at the airport for Lauren Jones, we got t-shirts made for all the kids to wear with her name on them so that she would know who we were.


Congratulations J.C. and Lauren! We love you!

5 comments:

The Melo's said...

Yea! I am glad that you found us, another blog to keep up with, I love it! Congratulations to your brother, although I don't know him, that is always exciting. Your little ones are getting big too! And #3? We had no idea! We are excited to see pictures when she comes, but, please no pictures from the delivery room, I don't want to see anything like that for a while!

Angela said...

Yay! Congrats to JC! I remember when he tought my Sunday School class when I was in HS! Funny. His fiance looks nice - that was cute with the t-shirts! Good luck with your Alexis, it's rough having to share the throne. :) Someday she'll be happy to have a sister!

megan said...

Nikki! I had no idea you had a blog! (duh...the minute you mentioned it...it ocurred to me to go and click on your link through mine!) That was wonderful to read about JC and his woman...soo very very very thrilled for him! AND I absolutely love the title image of luke in the headset :)

Adam & Rachel said...

congrats for your bro! oh, and cute pics by the way.

Sabra said...

I am so thrilled for JC. Tell him hello and congrats for me! John just got married, eh? Fill me in on that, too!